SBeA program is developed by three partner institutions: University of Split (Croatia), University of Malaga (Spain) and Middlesex University (UK)
The main goal of the SBeA project is to produce a high-quality, personalized e-learning program for young people interested in entrepreneurship in order to provide them with necessary resources to bring their business ideas to life as well as to prepare them for entering the market.
How we do it?SBeA combines face-to-face and on-line (blended) learning. The online training program will consist of 6 modules (3 per semester) and 2 training seminars of 5 days, where participants will acquire key entrepreneurial skills, knowledge about market, and develop their interpersonal and intercultural skills. The project stimulates a new way of learning and teaching through digital content and use of virtual resources, helping students to acquire digital skills, connect classrooms and digital devices and content, increasing efficiency and equity in education. In this way, the project is contributing to the Europe 2020 goals of boosting EU competitiveness and growth through better skilled workforce and more employment. SBeA combines customized support through mentorship and personalized learning for participants which is one of the main benefits of this program.
Why we do it?Participants of e-learning academy will get new and recognised learning outcomes and competencies, at the same time unleashing their entrepreneurial potential. Mentored by senior entrepreneurs and teachers, they will adopt critical observation on their business ideas. Enthusiasm immanent to young people, in combination with new competences, mentorship and guidance will have a priceless impact on the development of their future careers. They will be able to instantly apply in their project what they learned directly from classes. International and multicultural environment will also create positive attitudes towards internationalisation of their business ideas.
On completion of this program the successful student will be able to:
- Assess the importance of creativity and innovation in regards to starting a small business.
- Recommend and justify business functional strategies that need to be adopted in establishing and running a small business.
- Apply knowledge of relevant frameworks, theories and concepts to create a business plan.
- Negotiate and communicate effectively in a planning and learning environment within a team while under pressure.
- Apply various business analysis tools used when planning a business.
- Undertake simple research activities to identify critical information needed in a business plan.
- Make a coherent presentation about the business plan to potential investors.
We create a GLOBAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT. Benefits for young people that participate are many:
- Development of intercultural and interpersonal skills and tolerance.
- Development of teamwork and leadership skills in international teams.
- Gaining knowledge of global trends and business opportunities.
- Exchange of good case practices and sharing experiences.
- International networking opportunities.
- Guidance in developing business ideas that have great potential to become global.
Results expected from the SBeA program are:
- Acquisition of theoretical and practical knowledge and business skills applicable to the preparation, drafting and presentation of an entrepreneurial venture.
- Establishing a strong connection between participants learning communities in the field of entrepreneurship.
- Increase in efficiency and equity in education through acquisition of digital skills and use of virtual resources.
- Acquisition of transversal skills (entrepreneurship) by developing active cooperation between HEIs and partners from outside of Academia.
- Implementation of interaction, communication and internalization of education.
- Implementation of personalized e-learning through mentorship support and training.
SBeA in numbers
The SBeA program is tailored for a group of 60 students per academic year.
International pool of 45 mentors, both from academic and private sector, will be available to students.
The program consists of 6 online modules with complete set of learning materials and tools.
Summer training camp will be organized in Croatia for participants.